By Default, Lab Admins and Lab Members have different accesses and responsibilities, but great science requires teamwork. That’s why the Science Exchange Provider Collaboration feature can help teams like yours fulfill requests with speed and efficiency - earning higher ratings and increased visibility on the platform.
With the Provider Collaboration feature, you can:
- Add collaborators to existing projects
- Track communication between scientists working on the same project
- Allow subject matter experts to oversee or consult on projects
- Easily transfer ownership between collaborators
Collaborator Types - Access and Abilities
Depending on the type of user, each Collaborator can have differing capabilities. The access levels are listed below, in order from greatest to least:
On the storefront:
- Lab Admins on the storefront are automatically Admins on all orders. They can respond to new messages, create quotes, upload data files, and change the status of an order (ex: mark an order complete to receive payment). They can also update content on the storefront, can triage orders and add/ remove specific people from orders, and can update settings.
- Lab Members on the storefront can be included on all orders depending on Collaboration settings, however, the default is that they do not have Admin access on orders. In this case, the Lab Admin on the storefront needs to give them access to the order.
On the order:
- Administrator or Owner on the order can respond to new messages, create quotes, upload data files, and change the status of an order (ex: mark an order complete to receive payment).
- Lab admins are automatically administrators on every order. They can give lab members admin access to a specific order and they have the ability to add/remove/change status of other collaborators.
- Lab members can be made the administrator of specific orders by Lab admins. This is helpful when assigning an order to a scientist or an account manager for the requestor's region.
- Collaborators can message customers and upload files but need to be given Admin access to create quotes. They are added to each order by an admin. This is helpful when looping in a colleague in the billing department or adding a scientific specialist to upload data.
How it Works
1. The first step is for a Lab Admin on your storefront to decide if they would like everyone on the storefront to receive notifications of new activities, or just Lab Admins on the account. To determine this, sign in > Dashboard > Settings > Collaboration Settings. If you are a large CRO or your storefront receives a lot of notifications, we recommend having only 1-2 Lab Admins receive notifications so they can triage orders and add the correct account manager, sales person or scientist to each incoming new request. This allows collaborators to only receive notification from relevant orders.
2. Next, Lab Admins (and all Lab Members if they elect this under Settings) will receive notifications when a new request is received. Then they can add or remove collaborators from the order page by following the prompts in the “Add Team Member” section in the lower right of your order page. Just remember - if you’re adding an external colleague, please be sure they understand the platform tools and how to use Science Exchange.
3. To manage collaborators, click the “Settings” wheel next to the collaborator’s name and click the links. This will allow you to set a colleague as the administrator of a order, set them as the owner of the order, or remove them from the order.
Have questions about how it works? Please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our support center so we can walk you through the process at https://www.scienceexchange.com/contact.