Great science requires teamwork. That’s why the Science Exchange Service Provider Collaboration feature can help teams like yours fulfill requests with speed and quality - earning higher ratings and visibility on the platform.
With the Service Provider Collaboration feature, you can
- Add collaborators to existing projects
- Track communication between scientists working on the same project, including subcontractors specified in a Scope of Work
- Allow subject matter experts to oversee or consult on projects
- Easily transfer ownership between collaborators
How it Works
- The first step is for a Lab Admin on your storefront to decide if they would like everyone on the storefront to receive notifications of new activities, or just Lab Admins on the account. To determine this, sign in > Dashboard > Settings > Collaboration Settings. If your storefront receives a lot of notifications, we recommend having 1-2 Lab Admins only receive notifications. Then they can triage orders and add the correct sales person or scientist to each incoming new request.
- Next, Lab Admins (and all Lab Members if they elect this under Settings) will receive notifications when a new request is received. Then they can add or remove collaborators from the order page by following the prompts in the “Add Team Member” section in the lower right of your order page.
- To manage collaborators, click the “Settings” wheel next to the collaborator’s name and click the links. This will allow you to set a colleague as the administrator of a order, set them as the owner of the order, or remove them from the order.
Collaborator Types - Their Access and Abilities
Each Collaborator has different capabilities. Here are their permissions (in order from most to least).
- Lab Admins on the storefront are automatically Admins on all orders. They can respond to new messages, create quotes, upload data files, and change the status of an order (ex: mark an order complete to receive payment). They can also update content on the storefront, can triage orders and add/ remove specific people from orders, and can update settings.
- Lab Members on the storefront can be included on all orders depending on Collaboration settings, however, the default is that they do not have Admin access on orders. In this case, the Lab Admin on the storefront needs to give them access to the order.
- Administrator or Owner on the order can respond to new messages, create quotes, upload data files, and change the status of an order (ex: mark an order complete to receive payment). They also have the ability to add/remove/change status of other collaborators on that specific order only.
Have questions about how it works? Please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or contact our support center so we can walk you through the process at https://www.scienceexchange.com/contact.